Halsted Rain Ltd (the service provider), in the course of its business, offers to provide you (the customer), an appointment for an engineer to complete a service, or commission, or repair; Halsted Rain supplied product, subject to your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
1. The product must have been purchased and installed within one of the following territories: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
2. The product must be correctly installed and commissioned in accordance with the installation instructions for your product and must meet the requirements of the relevant industry standards.
3. Our engineers will only perform work on Halsted Rain products or components and will not perform any work on any aspect of your system outside of these products.
4. All appointments will be booked to commence during our normal working hours of, 8am–6pm Monday to Friday, unless specifically stated otherwise by ourselves.
5. Appointments will be scheduled for the earliest availability of an appropriately qualified person.
6. Our engineer should be notified at the time of booking of any faults, warning lights or concerns about the performance of the system. Reasonable steps will then be taken by us to make available spare parts to try and avoid the need for a return visit.
7. Our engineer will attend your property on the agreed date and inspect the system. Should a required spare part be unavailable, then we will arrange with you a mutually convenient time to return and complete the work.
8. Whilst we will endeavour to fulfil all appointments there may be occasion, due to circumstances outside of our control, when we are unable to do so. In these circumstances, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably possible in order to arrange an alternative date.
9. If you are unable to provide our engineer with access to the property on the agreed date, you must contact us as soon as possible and at least before 12 noon on the day preceding the agreed appointment in order to arrange an alternative date.
10. You are responsible for providing parking and site access for our engineer.
11. Our engineer must be accompanied on site by a suitably qualified person at all times during the appointment.
12. You are responsible for ensuring that our engineer can gain clear and safe access to work on the product or component, including making adequate provision for electrical isolation, internal inspection of tanks and for ensuring that any product located within a wall or ceiling cavity complies with the current health and safety at work regulations.
13. We reserve the right to cancel an appointment and to retain a site visit fee should legal parking not be provided, or if we are unable to obtain clear and safe access to the installation or product, or if we have reason to believe that the health and safety of our engineer cannot be guaranteed.
14. We reserve the right to determine that your product is beyond economical repair. If this is the case then our engineer will advise you accordingly and provide a full explanation in writing.
15. In the event that your product, or a component of your product, is covered under the terms and conditions of a guarantee, then we will complete the work on the product or component free of all material and labour costs in accordance with the terms and conditions of the guarantee.
16. In the event that the fault is not product related, or alternatively if the fault is not covered by a warranty due to an installation error or because the system requires cleaning, then our engineer will advise you of this on the day and we reserve the right to charge a site visit fee.
17. For all engineer visits out of warranty we will ask for payment in full by bank transfer prior to booking an engineer appointment.
- This agreement does not include:
Third-party cables and cable connections;
The reinstatement of ground work or casework
Servicing, Fault Investigation and Commissioning visits are charged at a fixed price excluding VAT, with the price being dependent on the product and travel costs and payable at the time of booking. Should a fault need specialist investigation or parts be required, then the appointment(s) will be classified as a Fault Repair and the associated additional costs will be charged, payable within 10 days of completing the works. Charges will be quoted in writing before carrying out any works unless agreed otherwise.
Any parts fitted are guaranteed for one calendar year against defective workmanship and defective components.
If following a Fault Repair visit it becomes evident, within 30 days of the visit, that your product has not been successfully repaired then we will return to repair the product free of charge, but subject to the same terms and conditions. If however, a new fault has developed since the original appointment, then we reserve the right to charge for the second appointment in line with our terms and conditions.
The Service Provider shall not be liable for:
(i) loss of profits; or
(ii) loss of business; or
(iii) depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses; or
(iv) loss of anticipated savings; or
(v) loss of use; or
(vi) loss or corruption of data or information; or
(vii) any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Where the Service is to be performed in Scotland, this contract shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland, and both parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
Halsted Rain Ltd prides itself on delivering the highest possible standards of customer service at all times. If you feel that we have fallen below these standards then please email us at email@example.com or alternatively please write to our Customer Services Team at our registered office listed below.
Halsted House, 3 Lock Chase, Blackheath, London, SE3 9HB.